I just love Pinterest… It makes it so easy to save ideas for later and share with everyone… Plus it lets you add comments. Yeah; comments. In your face, Tumblr.
Through the magic of Pinterest, I was introduced to the idea of regrowing celery (and lettuce, and chives, and green onions, and various other vegetables). What a great way to save some cash!
Here’s what you do:
- Cut off the celery stalks that you want to use now – leaving the base of the celery in tact.
- Take the base of the celery and place it into a bowl.
- Put in about an inch of warm water.
- Ensure the base is inside water for a few days.
- Watch for new leafs to appear and some roots to form.
- Plant in soil with just the leafs peaking through.
- Keep the soil damp as the plant grows.
- I kid. I kid.