What are LPNs?
A frank discussion of LPNs in British Columbia, including our education, regulatory bodies, unions, news items, our scope of practice, and so forth. A worthy discussion to include yourself on if you are new to the profession or are looking into becoming a practical nurse in the province of British Columbia.
References and reading:
- http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/professional-regulation/hpc/review/part-i/scope-lpnurse.html 2000 Proposal regarding LPNs in BC.
- http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/….pdf Very good read from 2006 about LPNs and Care Aides.
- Current Nursing Health Professions Act – Outlines the scope of practice for LPNs set by the Ministry of Health.
- Related to above: The scope enforced by CLPNBC.
- College of Practical Nurses of British Columbia – regulatory body for LPNs in BC through which we obtain licensing.